Friday, August 2, 2013

Back To School DIY

Since this is the time of year everyone is getting ready to send their kiddos back to school, I thought I'd make my first post about some easy DIY crafts for budget friendly teacher gifts. First up is the...

PENCIL HOLDER
 
This is a cute and could be a very inexpensive project. You could purchase the wooden bases at your local craft store such as Michaels or Hobby Lobby and paint it. You could also recycle the base out of something you already have such as empty formula cans or tins. I've made my own pencil holder once from an empty formula tin and covered it in a pretty scrapbooking paper. It takes minutes to complete and is definetly something teachers need. I've visited my sisters class before and the students are always in need of pencils and having them easily accessible is a must!
 
CLICK HERE to see more on this project from its original source.
 
FUN CLASSROOM FAVORS
 



These cuties are edible pencils made of candy! A great token of appreciation to the staff at your childs school. They can be filled with a roll of candy such as lifesavers or rolos and topped of with a Hershey's kiss. Roll them up with paper and a cute message and your ready to go!

CLICK HERE to visit original source.

Chocolate Dipped Pretzel Snacks



Surprize your kids when they get home from their first day of school with some "Apple" themed Chocolate covered Pretzels. Take a look at Make Bake Celebrate for more yumminess!


FUN! FUN! FUN! Colored Pencil Necklace

Now this necklace is beyond fun for teachers, especially those teaching Elementary! I would totally sport one of these if I was a teacher! Visit Caught On A Whim to learn how she made this adorable necklace. Note: This would be a great way to recycle broken colored pencils instead of just throwing them away.


I have a couple more years before my oldest (Alina) starts school so I unfortunately don't get to make any of these fun crafts just yet, but I know as soon as my kiddos are in school I will look forward to all the fun activities and crafts I can do for their teachers and their classmates. Until then I will continue to blog about it all to help those of you with school aged children out a little.

While we are still on this subject I thought I'd remind you that soon after school starts you will start to see big "Back To School" items on sale or clearance. This is a great opportunity to stock up on some items that can be used throughout the year for next years DIY teacher gifts or even for Teacher Appreciation Week. If you don't have the time to make something like the colored pencil necklace before school starts, purchase the colored pencils while they are on sale after school has started and make it for Teachers Appreciation Week! Hope this helped!

-Nikki

No comments:

Post a Comment